Do's and Don'ts
Care and Maintenance from Natural Stone Restoration and Products New Zealand
- Do use coasters under glasses, especially if they contain alcohol or citrus juices.
- Do use trivets or mats under hot dishes or cookware.
- Do use place mats under china, ceramics, silver or other objects that may scratch your stone's surface.
- Do place a small rug at entryways to trap dirt and sand from normal foot traffic.
- Do dust/sweep counter-tops, islands, vanities and floors frequently.
- Do blot up spills immediately to minimize permanent damage to the stone.
- Do clean surfaces by wiping with clean water or a neutral dry cleanser.
- Don't use shampoos, conditioners and lotion soaps that contain acids.
- Don't use vinegar, bleach, ammonia or other general-purpose cleaners.
- Don't use cleaner's that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub and tile cleaners.
- Don't use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
- Don't use alkaline cleaners not specifically formulated for natural stone.