Stone Care and Maintenance
NSR Stone & Concrete Wellington, New Zealand
CARING FOR NATURAL STONE
Natural stones—especially calcite-based stones such as marble, travertine, and limestone have a delicate chemical composition that may interact in damaging ways with the cleaning solutions that were not specifically formulated for the task. Once you know what to use, all you have to do is follow some basic guidelines and your natural stone installation will give you years of beauty and lustre.
• Use coasters under drinking glasses, particularly those containing alcohol or citrus juices to avoid etching.
• Do not place hot items directly on the stone surface. Use place mats under hot dishes.
• Use place mats under china, silver or other objects that can scratch the surface.
• Always use stone cleaning products and make sure the label specifies it is safe for natural stone.
Follow the guide lines below:
- Cleaning Procedures and Recommendations
- Cleaners for Stone and Tile
- Maintenance of Natural Stone Floors
- Do's and Don'ts
- Cleaning Stone and Tile Cleaning
- Stain Management for Stone